“Preparing Employers and Workers for a 21st Century Economy”
What are the major trends will industry cluster/employer groupexperience over the next five to 10 years?
- Intranets – Instant message are common place
- Department communities on line as we well as physical
- Use of “BLOGS” in Business
- Mind Maps vs. Strategic Plans
- Network Centric Solutions™
What will your industry cluster/employer group (Advisory Group) need to do to respond?
- Train to use tools and apply in business environment
- Publish via internet
- More applied knowledge
- Find time to retrain and need to motivate learning
What kind of workforce will your industry cluster/employer group need to respond?
- Motivated to learn
- Applied experience
- Problem Solver
- Passion / Commitment
How would you characterize the condition of the current labor pool?
- Short sighted
- Lack of creativity
- Lack survival skills
- No “Specialization with passion”
- Someone else has answer
- Fear of change
- Fear of being wrong
- Value of being wrong
What can your industry cluster/employer do to help the college and faculty realign academic programs and services to appropriately prepare the workforce that will be needed by your industry cluster/employer group?
- Program Level application
- Service Learning
- Fieldtrip/job shadow
- “Just in time” learning